Øyo is a family business from Geilo, where quality has always been the focus.
The Øyo brothers have a long history and the company stretches all the way back to 1882. It all started with Knut Øyo in a small wooden cottage of 4 square meters (four logs on top of each other). After surviving both fire and flood, Knut's 4 sons were taken into the company in 1921 and changed their company name to Øyo Ljåsmie. When the war came, the demand for tools of various kinds was very high and the brothers agreed that the company name gradually became very misleading and in 1941 they changed it to Brødrene Øyo. They have since expanded many times and new generations have entered the company.
The company has quality as the most important key word in their philosophy, and this is one of the reasons why they are still an important supplier on the Norwegian market. They are a small company that is very flexible and can easily adapt to the needs of the market at any given time.